Support for Young Researchers
Supporting young researchers is a key concern of the Faculty of Medicine.
- Find out about Doctorates at the Faculty!
- Several research training groups and structured doctoral programs prepare doctoral researchers for the academic job market and foster early scientific independence.
- Some of our internal funding programs (e.g. ELAN) specifically address the needs of young postdoc researchers.
- ARIADNEmed supports young female scientists pursuing an academic career through mentoring.
- “Habilitation” and “außerplanmäßige Professur” (adjunct professors) are important milestones on the road to a professorship.
- Event series like Newcomers’ Club and Brown Bag Breaks help (young) researchers to meet colleagues from different backgrounds currently working at FAU.