Information for Hosts
Hosting international colleagues
Guideline for hosts
Would you like to invite an international student or colleague to your institute, department, or lab? Request our guideline for hosts to find answers to the most frequent and most important administrative and organizational issues.
How can I attract more international scientists to my department?
- Publish your job description in English!
- Consider publishing your offer on international platforms (e.g. EURAXESS), social media (Research Gate, LinkedIn), or international science publications.
- Make use of international support networks. For example, you can publish a hosting offer for Marie-Skłodowska-Curie Fellows at Koordinationsstelle EU der Wissenschaftseinrichtungen KoWi.
Does FAU, the Faculty, or Universitätsklinikum Erlangen financially support visits of international researchers?
- “The Visiting Professor Programs” of IZKF and FAU fund travel and accommodation costs for renowned professors visiting FAU.
- If the aim of the visit it to initiate a cooperation related to teaching, you can apply for “Partnerschaftsmittel“.
- BayIntAn and the Bayerischen Hochschulzentren support trips to initiate research cooperations. In some cases, funds can also be used to invite scientists from the partner regions.
How can I help my guest with social integration?
- FAU’s Newcomers’ Club, initiated by the Faculty of Medicine, is a platform for newcomers from all countries and their families. The Club aims to be a starting point for joint activities, such as toddlers’ groups, sports / games / arts / literature meetings, excursions, and conversation groups.
- FAU’s Welcome Centre organizes excursions and further activities for international researchers at FAU.
- The division Alumni offers diverse activities for international researchers, such as the Researcher Alumni Yearbook, the “Brown Bag Breaks” and more.
- Contact the Dual Career Service if a Postdoc looks for help regarding his/her partner’s job search.